Located near the village of Tealing (Angus), some 5 miles (8 km) north of Dundee, lies the Tealing Earth House.
Dating from the Iron Age (1st-2nd centuries AD), the earth house comprises a passageway, 24.4m (80 foot)-long curved gallery and small inner chambers.
The walls are approximately 2m (7 feet) in height and the house would once have been covered by a thatched roof. A number of artefacts, including a bracelet, bronze rings, stone cups and animal bones, have been found inside the earth house.
A boulder at the entrance to the souterrain is decorated with cup-and-ring markings of an earlier period.
The Earth House was discovered by a farmer in 1871 and is today in the care of Historic Scotland. Nearby lies an interesting dovecot that was built in 1595.